What exactly are MSMEs?
Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises (MSME) is a phrase that encompasses both manufacturing and service businesses. The existing MSME classification system was based on criteria such as plant and machinery or equipment investment. As a result, in order to benefit from MSME benefits, they must limit their investment to a lesser amount.
Because they are unable to extend their firms any farther, these lower boundaries are destroying the will to grow. In addition, there has been a long-standing need for the MSME categorization to be revised so that they can continue to benefit from MSME benefits while expanding their operations. The government has now changed the MSME classification under the Atmanirbhar Bharat Abhiyan by incorporating composite criteria for both investment and yearly turnover. In addition, the MSME definition no longer distinguishes between the manufacturing and service industries. This removal will bring the sectors closer together.
MSME loan for up to Rs. 1 Crore for a Small Business
The Indian government recently announced that MSME loans of up to one crore rupees will be available, with interest rates starting at 8%. This historic endeavour aims to grow the MSME sector, which will increase credit availability to a greater extent. A new web portal has been launched in this regard. This is a digital platform created specifically for this purpose. Obtaining a loan using this online platform will mark a significant shift in the way loans are provided to the MSME sector, since the loan processing will now be totally automated. Previously, the loans were processed in around a month.
However, with this new portal, processing time will be reduced to less than a minute. The business loan will be disbursed to the applicant in seven to eight working days after it has been approved in this manner.
Documents Needed to Apply for a MSME loan using the Web Portal
- GST login information and GST identification number
- Six-month bank statement in PDF format.
- Income tax returns from the previous three years in XML format, as well as e-filing information.
- Personal and educational details about the Partner/Director will be required.
Steps to Register at the Web Portal
- Make use of the official website.
- Complete the login process by entering your name, email address, and phone number, among other details.
- Once you’ve entered the OTP sent to your registered mobile number, your registration is complete.
- The next screen will ask for some additional basic information, followed by a confirmation message.
- Fill up your PAN, GST, and income tax return information.
- The documents should be uploaded.
- Upload your bank statement from the previous six months or your banking login information.
- After that, enter the loan purpose. It’s also a good idea to mention any previous loans you’ve taken out.
- Choose from the list of banks how the loan should be processed.
- Pay the convenience fee and save the approval letter to your computer.
For further information regarding business loans, visit Finserv MARKETS now!